Aliases for SPINK2 Gene
- Serine Peptidase Inhibitor, Kazal Type 2 2 3 5
- Serine Peptidase Inhibitor, Kazal Type 2 (Acrosin-Trypsin Inhibitor) 2 3
- Epididymis Tissue Protein Li 172 3 4
- Acrosin-Trypsin Inhibitor 2 4
- HUSI-II 3 4
- Serine Protease Inhibitor, Kazal Type 2 (Acrosin-Trypsin Inhibitor) 2
- Serine Protease Inhibitor Kazal-Type 2 3
External Ids for SPINK2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SPINK2 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the family of serine protease inhibitors of the Kazal type (SPINK). The encoded protein acts as a trypsin and acrosin inhibitor in the genital tract and is localized in the spermatozoa. The protein has been associated with the progression of lymphomas. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2012]
GeneCards Summary for SPINK2 Gene
SPINK2 (Serine Peptidase Inhibitor, Kazal Type 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity and endopeptidase inhibitor activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SPINK2 Gene
Strong inhibitor of acrosin in male and/or female genital tract. Also inhibits trypsin.