Aliases for RRAD Gene
- RRAD, Ras Related Glycolysis Inhibitor And Calcium Channel Regulator 2 3 5
- RRAD, Ras Related Glycolysis Inihibitor And Calcium Channel Regulator 2 3
- Ras-Related Associated With Diabetes 2 3
- Ras Associated With Diabetes 3 4
- RAD1 3 4
- RAD 3 4
- RAS (RAD And GEM) Like GTP Binding 3 3
- GTP-Binding Protein RAD 3
- REM3 3
External Ids for RRAD Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RRAD Gene
GeneCards Summary for RRAD Gene
RRAD (RRAD, Ras Related Glycolysis Inhibitor And Calcium Channel Regulator) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Angiopoietin Like Protein 8 Regulatory Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include GTP binding and calmodulin binding. An important paralog of this gene is GEM.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RRAD Gene
May play an important role in cardiac antiarrhythmia via the strong suppression of voltage-gated L-type Ca(2+) currents. Regulates voltage-dependent L-type calcium channel subunit alpha-1C trafficking to the cell membrane (By similarity). Inhibits cardiac hypertrophy through the calmodulin-dependent kinase II (CaMKII) pathway. Inhibits phosphorylation and activation of CAMK2D.