Aliases for PDP2 Gene
- Pyruvate Dehyrogenase Phosphatase Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3 5
- Protein Phosphatase 2C, Magnesium-Dependent, Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase, Mg2+/Mn2+ Dependent 2B 2 3
- PDPC 2 3 4
- [Pyruvate Dehydrogenase [Acetyl-Transferring]]-Phosphatase 2, Mitochondrial 3
- [Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (Acetyl-Transferring)]-Phosphatase 2
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Phosphatase Catalytic Subunit 2 4
External Ids for PDP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PDP2 Gene
This gene is a mitochondrial protein that functions as a phosphatase and is involved in the enzymatic resetting of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding the same protein. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2016]
GeneCards Summary for PDP2 Gene
PDP2 (Pyruvate Dehyrogenase Phosphatase Catalytic Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Pyruvate metabolism and Citric Acid (TCA) cycle. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity and magnesium-dependent protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PDP1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PDP2 Gene
Catalyzes the dephosphorylation and concomitant reactivation of the alpha subunit of the E1 component of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex.