Aliases for PPP2CB Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Catalytic Subunit Beta 2 3 5
- Protein Phosphatase 2 (Formerly 2A), Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isozyme 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2A Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 2 3
- PP2A-Beta 3 4
- Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase 2A, Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 3
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 2A Catalytic Subunit Beta Isoform 3
External Ids for PPP2CB Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP2CB Gene
This gene encodes the phosphatase 2A catalytic subunit. Protein phosphatase 2A is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. This gene encodes a beta isoform of the catalytic subunit. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2010]
GeneCards Summary for PPP2CB Gene
PPP2CB (Protein Phosphatase 2 Catalytic Subunit Beta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are ERK Signaling and mTOR Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include hydrolase activity and phosphoprotein phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PPP2CA.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP2CB Gene
PP2A can modulate the activity of phosphorylase B kinase casein kinase 2, mitogen-stimulated S6 kinase, and MAP-2 kinase.
Protein Ser/Thr phosphatases are a group of enzymes that catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from serine and/or threonine residues by hydrolysis of phosphoric acid monoesters. They oppose the action of kinases and phosphorylases and are involved in signal transduction.