Aliases for INPP5A Gene
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase A 2 3 5
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase, 40kDa 2 3
- 43 KDa Inositol Polyphosphate 5-Phophatase 2 3
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase, 40kD 2 3
- CTCL Tumor Antigen HD-CL-02 2 3
- InsP3 5-Phosphatase 2 3
- Type I Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate 5-Phosphatase 3
- Type I Inositol-1,4,5-Trisphosphate 5-Phosphatase 2
External Ids for INPP5A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for INPP5A Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a membrane-associated type I inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3) 5-phosphatase. InsP3 5-phosphatases hydrolyze Ins(1,4,5)P3, which mobilizes intracellular calcium and acts as a second messenger mediating cell responses to various stimulation. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for INPP5A Gene
INPP5A (Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase A) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and superpathway of inositol phosphate compounds. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include inositol-polyphosphate 5-phosphatase activity and inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for INPP5A Gene
Major isoenzyme hydrolyzing the calcium-mobilizing second messenger Ins(1,4,5)P3, this is a signal-terminating reaction.