Aliases for ALG6 Gene
- ALG6, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase 2 3 5
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 6 Homolog (Yeast, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) 2 3
- Dolichyl-P-Glc:Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dolichol Alpha- 1->3-Glucosyltransferase 2 3
- Dol-P-Glc:Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dol Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase 3 4
- Dolichyl-P-Glc:Man9GlcNAc2-PP-Dolichyl Glucosyltransferase 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation Protein 6 Homolog 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 6, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 6 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) 3
External Ids for ALG6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ALG6 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the ALG6/ALG8 glucosyltransferase family. The encoded protein catalyzes the addition of the first glucose residue to the growing lipid-linked oligosaccharide precursor of N-linked glycosylation. Mutations in this gene are associated with congenital disorders of glycosylation type Ic. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for ALG6 Gene
ALG6 (ALG6, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ALG6 include Congenital Disorder Of Glycosylation, Type Ic and Alg6-Congenital Disorder Of Glycosylation. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of proteins and Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring hexosyl groups and glucosyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ALG6 Gene
Adds the first glucose residue to the lipid-linked oligosaccharide precursor for N-linked glycosylation. Transfers glucose from dolichyl phosphate glucose (Dol-P-Glc) onto the lipid-linked oligosaccharide Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dol.