Aliases for SLC27A6 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 27 Member 6 2 3 4 5
- Fatty-Acid-Coenzyme A Ligase, Very Long-Chain 2 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 27 (Fatty Acid Transporter), Member 6 2 3
- Very Long-Chain Acyl-CoA Synthetase Homolog 1 3 4
- ACSVL2 3 4
- FACVL2 3 4
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Very Long Chain Family, Member 2 3
- Long-Chain Fatty Acid Transport Protein 6 3
External Ids for SLC27A6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC27A6 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the fatty acid transport protein family (FATP). FATPs are involved in the uptake of long-chain fatty acids and have unique expression patterns. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLC27A6 Gene
SLC27A6 (Solute Carrier Family 27 Member 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Transport of vitamins, nucleosides, and related molecules. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include nucleotide binding and very long-chain fatty acid-CoA ligase activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC27A2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC27A6 Gene
Involved in translocation of long-chain fatty acids (LFCA) across the plasma membrane. Thought to function as the predominant fatty acid protein transporter in heart.