Aliases for PAN3 Gene
- Poly(A) Specific Ribonuclease Subunit PAN3 2 3
- Poly(A)-Nuclease Deadenylation Complex Subunit 3 3 4
- PAB1P-Dependent Poly(A)-Specific Ribonuclease 3 4
- PAN3 Poly(A) Specific Ribonuclease Subunit 2 5
- PAN Deadenylation Complex Subunit 3 3 4
- PAN3 Poly(A) Specific Ribonuclease Subunit Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- PABP1-Dependent Poly A-Specific Ribonuclease Subunit PAN3 3
External Ids for PAN3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PAN3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PAN3 Gene
PAN3 (Poly(A) Specific Ribonuclease Subunit PAN3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay and Gene Expression. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring phosphorus-containing groups and poly(A)-specific ribonuclease activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PAN3 Gene
Regulatory subunit of the poly(A)-nuclease (PAN) deadenylation complex, one of two cytoplasmic mRNA deadenylases involved in general and miRNA-mediated mRNA turnover. PAN specifically shortens poly(A) tails of RNA and the activity is stimulated by poly(A)-binding protein (PABP). PAN deadenylation is followed by rapid degradation of the shortened mRNA tails by the CCR4-NOT complex. Deadenylated mRNAs are then degraded by two alternative mechanisms, namely exosome-mediated 3-5 exonucleolytic degradation, or deadenlyation-dependent mRNA decaping and subsequent 5-3 exonucleolytic degradation by XRN1. PAN3 acts as a positive regulator for PAN activity, recruiting the catalytic subunit PAN2 to mRNA via its interaction with RNA and PABP, and to miRNA targets via its interaction with GW182 family proteins.