Aliases for SIN3B Gene
- SIN3 Transcription Regulator Family Member B 2 3 5
- Histone Deacetylase Complex Subunit Sin3b 3 4
- Transcriptional Corepressor Sin3b 3 4
- SIN3 Homolog B, Transcription Regulator (Yeast) 2
- SIN3 Transcription Regulator Homolog B (Yeast) 2
- SIN3 Homolog B, Transcriptional Regulator 3
- SIN3 Transcription Regulator Homolog B 3
- Paired Amphipathic Helix Protein Sin3b 3
- KIAA0700 4
External Ids for SIN3B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SIN3B Gene
GeneCards Summary for SIN3B Gene
SIN3B (SIN3 Transcription Regulator Family Member B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SIN3B include Cranial Nerve Malignant Neoplasm. Among its related pathways are SMAD Signaling Network and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include chromatin binding. An important paralog of this gene is SIN3A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SIN3B Gene
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Interacts with MXI1 to repress MYC responsive genes and antagonize MYC oncogenic activities. Interacts with MAD-MAX heterodimers by binding to MAD. The heterodimer then represses transcription by tethering SIN3B to DNA. Also forms a complex with FOXK1 which represses transcription. With FOXK1, regulates cell cycle progression probably by repressing cell cycle inhibitor genes expression.