Aliases for FCGRT Gene
- Fc Fragment Of IgG Receptor And Transporter 2 3 5
- Heavy Chain Of The Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I-Like Fc Receptor 2 3
- Transmembrane Alpha Chain Of The Neonatal Receptor 2 3
- Fc Fragment Of IgG, Receptor, Transporter, Alpha 2 3
- IgG Fc Fragment Receptor Transporter Alpha Chain 3 4
- Neonatal Fc Receptor 3 4
- FCRN 3 4
- Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I-Like Fc Receptor 3
External Ids for FCGRT Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for FCGRT Gene
This gene encodes a receptor that binds the Fc region of monomeric immunoglobulin G. The encoded protein transfers immunoglobulin G antibodies from mother to fetus across the placenta. This protein also binds immunoglobulin G to protect the antibody from degradation. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2009]
GeneCards Summary for FCGRT Gene
FCGRT (Fc Fragment Of IgG Receptor And Transporter) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with FCGRT include Immunodeficiency 43 and Immunoglobulin G Deficiency. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include antigen binding and beta-2-microglobulin binding. An important paralog of this gene is MR1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for FCGRT Gene
Binds to the Fc region of monomeric immunoglobulins gamma (PubMed:7964511, PubMed:10933786). Mediates the selective uptake of IgG from milk and helps newborn animals to acquire passive immunity. IgG in the milk is bound at the apical surface of the intestinal epithelium. The resultant FcRn-IgG complexes are transcytosed across the intestinal epithelium and IgG is released from FcRn into blood or tissue fluids (By similarity). Possible role in transfer of immunoglobulin G from mother to fetus (PubMed:7964511).