Aliases for ZRSR2 Gene
- U2 Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Auxiliary Factor 35 KDa Subunit-Related Protein 2 3
- CCCH Type Zinc Finger, RNA-Binding Motif And Serine/Arginine Rich Protein 2 4
- Zinc Finger (CCCH Type), RNA Binding Motif And Serine/Arginine Rich 2 3
- U2 Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Auxiliary Factor, Small Subunit 2 3
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like 2 2
- ZC3H22 3
External Ids for ZRSR2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ZRSR2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ZRSR2 Gene
This gene encodes an essential splicing factor. The encoded protein associates with the U2 auxiliary factor heterodimer, which is required for the recognition of a functional 3' splice site in pre-mRNA splicing, and may play a role in network interactions during spliceosome assembly. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for ZRSR2 Gene
ZRSR2 (Zinc Finger CCCH-Type, RNA Binding Motif And Serine/Arginine Rich 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and mRNA Splicing - Minor Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and nucleotide binding. An important paralog of this gene is U2AF1L5.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ZRSR2 Gene
Pre-mRNA-binding protein required for splicing of both U2- and U12-type introns. Selectively interacts with the 3-splice site of U2- and U12-type pre-mRNAs and promotes different steps in U2 and U12 intron splicing. Recruited to U12 pre-mRNAs in an ATP-dependent manner and is required for assembly of the prespliceosome, a precursor to other spliceosomal complexes. For U2-type introns, it is selectively and specifically required for the second step of splicing.