Aliases for ZDHHC7 Gene
- Zinc Finger DHHC-Type Containing 7 2 3 5
- Zinc Finger DHHC Domain-Containing Protein 7 3 4
- Palmitoyltransferase ZDHHC7 3 4
- DHHC-7 3 4
- Sertoli Cell Gene With Zinc Finger Domain-I(2) 3
- Sertoli Cell Gene With Zinc Finger Domain-Beta 3
- Sertoli Cell Gene With Zinc Finger Domain-Β 2
- Zinc Finger, DHHC Domain Containing 7 3
External Ids for ZDHHC7 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ZDHHC7 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ZDHHC7 Gene
ZDHHC7 (Zinc Finger DHHC-Type Containing 7) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein-cysteine S-palmitoyltransferase activity and palmitoyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ZDHHC3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ZDHHC7 Gene
Palmitoyltransferase with broad specificity (PubMed:22031296, PubMed:28196865). Palmitoylates JAM3 (PubMed:28196865). Palmitoylates SNAP25 and DLG4/PSD95 (By similarity). Palmitoylates sex steroid hormone receptors, including ESR1, PGR and AR, thereby regulating their targeting to the plasma membrane and their function in rapid intracellular signaling upon binding of sex hormones (PubMed:22031296). May play a role in follicle stimulation hormone (FSH) activation of testicular Sertoli cells (By similarity).