Aliases for WFIKKN1 Gene
- WAP, Follistatin/Kazal, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And Netrin Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- WAP, Follistatin, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And NTR Domain-Containing Protein 3 4
- WAP, Kazal, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And NTR Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Growth And Differentiation Factor-Associated Serum Protein 2 3 4
- WAP Four-Disulfide Core Domain 20A 2 3
- C16orf12 3 4
- HGASP-2 3 4
External Ids for WFIKKN1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for WFIKKN1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for WFIKKN1 Gene
This gene encodes a secreted multidomain protein consisting of a signal peptide, a WAP domain, a follistatin domain, an immunoglobulin domain, two tandem Kunitz domains, and an NTR domain. These domains have been implicated frequently in inhibition of various types of proteases, suggesting that the encoded protein may be a multivalent protease inhibitor and may control the action of multiple types of serine proteases as well as metalloproteinases. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for WFIKKN1 Gene
WFIKKN1 (WAP, Follistatin/Kazal, Immunoglobulin, Kunitz And Netrin Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity and metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is WFIKKN2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for WFIKKN1 Gene
Protease-inhibitor that contains multiple distinct protease inhibitor domains. Probably has serine protease- and metalloprotease-inhibitor activity (By similarity).