Aliases for UTY Gene
- Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Containing, Y-Linked 2 3 5
- KDM6C 2 3 4
- Ubiquitously-Transcribed Y Chromosome Tetratricopeptide Repeat Protein 3 4
- Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Gene, Y Chromosome 2 3
- Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Gene, Y-Linked 2 3
- Ubiquitously-Transcribed TPR Protein On The Y Chromosome 3 4
- [Histone H3]-Trimethyl-L-Lysine(27) Demethylase UTY 3 4
External Ids for UTY Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for UTY Gene
This gene encodes a protein containing tetratricopeptide repeats which are thought to be involved in protein-protein interactions. The encoded protein is also a minor histocompatibility antigen which may induce graft rejection of male stem cell grafts. A large number of alternatively spliced transcripts have been observed for this gene, but the full length nature of some of these variants has not been determined. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2012]
GeneCards Summary for UTY Gene
UTY (Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Containing, Y-Linked) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Chromatin organization and Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include dioxygenase activity and histone demethylase activity (H3-K27 specific). An important paralog of this gene is KDM6A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for UTY Gene
Male-specific histone demethylase that catalyzes trimethylated 'Lys-27' (H3K27me3) demethylation in histone H3. Has relatively low lysine demethylase activity.