Aliases for UQCRQ Gene
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Complex III Subunit VII 2 3 5
- Complex III Subunit 8 2 3 4
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Complex Ubiquinone-Binding Protein QP-C 3 4
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase, Complex III Subunit VII, 9.5kDa 2 3
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Complex 9.5 KDa Protein 3 4
- Complex III Subunit VIII 3 4
- Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase, Complex III Subunit VII 2
- Low Molecular Mass Ubiquinone-Binding Protein (9.5kD) 3
External Ids for UQCRQ Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for UQCRQ Gene
This gene encodes a ubiquinone-binding protein of low molecular mass. This protein is a small core-associated protein and a subunit of ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex III, which is part of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for UQCRQ Gene
UQCRQ (Ubiquinol-Cytochrome C Reductase Complex III Subunit VII) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with UQCRQ include Mitochondrial Complex Iii Deficiency, Nuclear Type 4 and Isolated Complex Iii Deficiency. Among its related pathways are Respiratory electron transport, ATP synthesis by chemiosmotic coupling, and heat production by uncoupling proteins. and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include ubiquinol-cytochrome-c reductase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for UQCRQ Gene
This is a component of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase complex (complex III or cytochrome b-c1 complex), which is part of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. This subunit, together with cytochrome b, binds to ubiquinone.