Aliases for UBASH3B Gene
- Ubiquitin Associated And SH3 Domain Containing B 2 3 5
- T-Cell Ubiquitin Ligand 2 2 3 4
- TULA-2 2 3 4
- STS-1 2 3 4
- SH3 Domain-Containing 70 KDa Protein, Suppressor Of T-Cell Receptor Signaling 1, Nm23-Phosphorylated Unknown Substrate 2 3
- Ubiquitin-Associated And SH3 Domain-Containing Protein B 3 4
- Suppressor Of T-Cell Receptor Signaling 1 3 4
- Tyrosine-Protein Phosphatase STS1/TULA2 3 4
External Ids for UBASH3B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for UBASH3B Gene
This gene encodes a protein that contains a ubiquitin associated domain at the N-terminus, an SH3 domain, and a C-terminal domain with similarities to the catalytic motif of phosphoglycerate mutase. The encoded protein was found to inhibit endocytosis of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and platelet-derived growth factor receptor. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for UBASH3B Gene
UBASH3B (Ubiquitin Associated And SH3 Domain Containing B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with UBASH3B include B-Cell Adult Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia and Behcet Syndrome. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein tyrosine phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is UBASH3A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for UBASH3B Gene
Interferes with CBL-mediated down-regulation and degradation of receptor-type tyrosine kinases. Promotes accumulation of activated target receptors, such as T-cell receptors and EGFR, on the cell surface. Exhibits tyrosine phosphatase activity toward several substrates including EGFR, FAK, SYK, and ZAP70. Down-regulates proteins that are dually modified by both protein tyrosine phosphorylation and ubiquitination.