Aliases for U2AF1L4 Gene
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1 Like 4 2 3 5
- U2(RNU2) Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like Protein 3 3 4
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like Protein 3 3 4
- U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like Protein 4 3 4
- U2(RNU2) Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1-Like 3 2 3
- Splicing Factor U2AF 26 KDa Subunit 3 4
- U2 Auxiliary Factor 26 3 4
External Ids for U2AF1L4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for U2AF1L4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for U2AF1L4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for U2AF1L4 Gene
U2AF1L4 (U2 Small Nuclear RNA Auxiliary Factor 1 Like 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with U2AF1L4 include Myelophthisic Anemia and Atypical Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Transport of Mature Transcript to Cytoplasm. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and nucleotide binding. An important paralog of this gene is U2AF1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for U2AF1L4 Gene
RNA-binding protein that function as a pre-mRNA splicing factor. Plays a critical role in both constitutive and enhancer-dependent splicing by mediating protein-protein interactions and protein-RNA interactions required for accurate 3'-splice site selection. Acts by enhancing the binding of U2AF2 to weak pyrimidine tracts. Also participates in the regulation of alternative pre-mRNA splicing. Activates exon 5 skipping of PTPRC during T-cell activation; an event reversed by GFI1. Binds to RNA at the AG dinucleotide at the 3'-splice site (By similarity). Shows a preference for AGC or AGA (By similarity).