Aliases for TRMT1 Gene
- TRNA Methyltransferase 1 2 3 5
- TRNA 2,2-Dimethylguanosine-26 Methyltransferase 3 4
- TRNA(Guanine-26,N(2)-N(2)) Methyltransferase 3 4
- TRNA(M(2,2)G26)Dimethyltransferase 3 4
- N(2),N(2)-Dimethylguanosine TRNA Methyltransferase 3
- TRNA Methyltransferase 1 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- TRNA (Guanine(26)-N(2))-Dimethyltransferase 3
External Ids for TRMT1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TRMT1 Gene
This gene encodes a tRNA-modifying enzyme that acts as a dimethyltransferase, modifying a single guanine residue at position 26 of the tRNA. The encoded enzyme has both mono- and dimethylase activity when exogenously expressed, and uses S-adenosyl methionine as a methyl donor. The C-terminal region of the encoded protein has both a zinc finger motif, and an arginine/proline-rich region. Mutations in this gene have been implicated in autosomal recessive intellectual disorder (ARID). Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms. There is a pseudogene of this gene on the X chromosome. [provided by RefSeq, May 2017]
GeneCards Summary for TRMT1 Gene
TRMT1 (TRNA Methyltransferase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TRMT1 include Cataract 7. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and tRNA processing. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include tRNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is TRMT1L.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TRMT1 Gene
Dimethylates a single guanine residue at position 26 of most tRNAs using S-adenosyl-L-methionine as donor of the methyl groups.