Aliases for TOPORS Gene
- TOP1 Binding Arginine/Serine Rich Protein 2 3 5
- Topoisomerase I Binding, Arginine/Serine-Rich, E3 Ubiquitin Protein Ligase 2 3
- Topoisomerase I-Binding RING Finger Protein 3 4
- RING-Type E3 Ubiquitin Transferase Topors 3 4
- Tumor Suppressor P53-Binding Protein 3 3 4
- E3 Ubiquitin-Protein Ligase Topors 3 4
- SUMO1-Protein E3 Ligase Topors 3 4
External Ids for TOPORS Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TOPORS Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TOPORS Gene
This gene encodes a nuclear protein which is serine and arginine rich, and contains a RING-type zinc finger domain. It is highly expressed in the testis, and functions as an ubiquitin-protein E3 ligase. Mutations in this gene are associated with retinitis pigmentosa type 31. Alternatively spliced transcript variants, encoding different isoforms, have been observed for this locus. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2010]
GeneCards Summary for TOPORS Gene
TOPORS (TOP1 Binding Arginine/Serine Rich Protein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TOPORS include Retinitis Pigmentosa 31 and Retinitis Pigmentosa. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include ligase activity and ubiquitin protein ligase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TOPORS Gene
Functions as an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase and as an E3 SUMO1-protein ligase. Probable tumor suppressor involved in cell growth, cell proliferation and apoptosis that regulates p53/TP53 stability through ubiquitin-dependent degradation. May regulate chromatin modification through sumoylation of several chromatin modification-associated proteins. May be involved in DNA damage-induced cell death through IKBKE sumoylation.