Aliases for TNFAIP8L3 Gene
- TNF Alpha Induced Protein 8 Like 3 2 3 5
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha-Induced Protein 8-Like Protein 3 3 4
- TNF Alpha-Induced Protein 8-Like Protein 3 3 4
- TNFAIP8-Like Protein 3 3 4
- TIPE3 3 4
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Alpha-Induced Protein 8-Like 3 2
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Alpha Induced Protein 8 Like 3 3
- TNFAIP8L3 5
- FLJ41287 2
External Ids for TNFAIP8L3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TNFAIP8L3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TNFAIP8L3 Gene
TNFAIP8L3 (TNF Alpha Induced Protein 8 Like 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TNFAIP8L3 include Astigmatism. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Glycerophospholipid biosynthesis. An important paralog of this gene is TNFAIP8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TNFAIP8L3 Gene
Acts as a lipid transfer protein. Preferentially captures and shuttles two lipid second messengers, i.e., phosphatidylinositol 4,5- bisphosphate and phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate and increases their levels in the plasma membrane. Additionally, may also function as a lipid-presenting protein to enhance the activity of the PI3K-AKT and MEK-ERK pathways. May act as a regulator of tumorigenesis through its activation of phospholipid signaling.