Aliases for TLE4 Gene
- TLE Family Member 4, Transcriptional Corepressor 2 3 5
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Of Split 4 (E(Sp1) Homolog, Drosophila) 2 3
- Transducin Like Enhancer Of Split 4 2 3
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Protein 4 3 4
- Groucho-Related Protein 4 3 4
- Grg-4 3 4
- GRG4 3 4
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Of Split 4, Homolog Of Drosophila E(Sp1) 3
External Ids for TLE4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TLE4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for TLE4 Gene
TLE4 (TLE Family Member 4, Transcriptional Corepressor) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by Wnt and Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include chromatin binding and transcription factor activity, RNA polymerase II distal enhancer sequence-specific binding. An important paralog of this gene is TLE1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TLE4 Gene
Transcriptional corepressor that binds to a number of transcription factors. Inhibits the transcriptional activation mediated by PAX5, and by CTNNB1 and TCF family members in Wnt signaling. The effects of full-length TLE family members may be modulated by association with dominant-negative AES. Essential for the transcriptional repressor activity of SIX3 during retina and lens development and for SIX3 transcriptional auto-repression (By similarity).