Aliases for TLE3 Gene
- TLE Family Member 3, Transcriptional Corepressor 2 3 5
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Of Split 3 (E(Sp1) Homolog, Drosophila) 2 3
- Enhancer Of Split Groucho-Like Protein 3 3 4
- Transducin Like Enhancer Of Split 3 2 3
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Protein 3 3 4
- ESG3 3 4
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Of Split 3, Homolog Of Drosophila E(Sp1) 3
- Transducin-Like Enhancer Of Split 3 Short Isoform 3
External Ids for TLE3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TLE3 Gene
This gene encodes a transcriptional co-repressor protein that belongs to the transducin-like enhancer family of proteins. The members of this family function in the Notch signaling pathway that regulates determination of cell fate during development. Expression of this gene has been associated with a favorable outcome to chemotherapy with taxanes for ovarian carcinoma. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Additional alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene have been described, but their full-length nature is not known. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2013]
GeneCards Summary for TLE3 Gene
TLE3 (TLE Family Member 3, Transcriptional Corepressor) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TLE3 include Chromosome 1Q21.1 Duplication Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Signaling by Wnt and Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3. An important paralog of this gene is TLE4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TLE3 Gene
Transcriptional corepressor that binds to a number of transcription factors. Inhibits the transcriptional activation mediated by CTNNB1 and TCF family members in Wnt signaling. The effects of full-length TLE family members may be modulated by association with dominant-negative AES (By similarity).