Aliases for TKFC Gene
- Triokinase And FMN Cyclase 2 3 5
- Triokinase/FMN Cyclase 2 3 4
- Bifunctional ATP-Dependent Dihydroxyacetone Kinase/FAD-AMP Lyase (Cyclizing) 3 4
- DAK 3 4
- Dihydroxyacetone Kinase 2 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Testis Tissue Sperm-Binding Protein Li 84P 3
- Dihydroxyacetone Kinase 2 Homolog (Yeast) 2
- ATP-Dependent Dihydroxyacetone Kinase 3
External Ids for TKFC Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TKFC Gene
This gene is a member of the family of dihydroxyacetone kinases, which have a protein structure distinct from other kinases. The product of this gene phosphorylates dihydroxyacetone, and also catalyzes the formation of riboflavin 4',5'-phosphate (aka cyclin FMN) from FAD. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jun 2017]
GeneCards Summary for TKFC Gene
TKFC (Triokinase And FMN Cyclase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TKFC include Taeniasis and Cysticercosis. Among its related pathways are Carbon metabolism and Fructose metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include glycerone kinase activity and triokinase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TKFC Gene
Catalyzes both the phosphorylation of dihydroxyacetone and of glyceraldehyde, and the splitting of ribonucleoside diphosphate-X compounds among which FAD is the best substrate. Represses IFIH1-mediated cellular antiviral response (PubMed:17600090).