Aliases for TIMM23 Gene
- Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 23 2 3 5
- TIM23 2 3 4
- Mitochondrial Import Inner Membrane Translocase Subunit Tim23 3 4
- Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 23 Homolog (Yeast) 2
- Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 23 Homolog 3
- Translocase Of The Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 3
- TIMM23 5
External Ids for TIMM23 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TIMM23 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is part of a complex located in the inner mitochondrial membrane that mediates the transport of transit peptide-containing proteins across the membrane. Multiple transcript variants, one protein-coding and others not protein-coding, have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2012]
GeneCards Summary for TIMM23 Gene
TIMM23 (Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 23) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TIMM23 include Mohr-Tranebjaerg Syndrome and 3-Methylglutaconic Aciduria, Type V. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of proteins and Mitochondrial protein import. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include P-P-bond-hydrolysis-driven protein transmembrane transporter activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TIMM23 Gene
Essential component of the TIM23 complex, a complex that mediates the translocation of transit peptide-containing proteins across the mitochondrial inner membrane.