Aliases for TIMM17B Gene
- Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 17B 2 3 5
- Mitochondrial Import Inner Membrane Translocase Subunit Tim17-B 3 4
- TIM17B 3 4
- Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 17 Homolog B (Yeast) 2
- Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 17 Homolog B 3
- Inner Mitochondrial Membrane Preprotein Translocase 3
- DXS9822 3
- JM3 3
External Ids for TIMM17B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TIMM17B Gene
This gene encodes a multipass transmembrane protein that forms an integral component of the mitochondrial translocase TIM23 complex. This complex facilitates the transport of mitochondrial proteins from the cytosol across the mitochondrial inner membrane and into the mitochondrion. There is a pseudogene for this gene on chromosome 12. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2013]
GeneCards Summary for TIMM17B Gene
TIMM17B (Translocase Of Inner Mitochondrial Membrane 17B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TIMM17B include Renpenning Syndrome 1. Among its related pathways are Mitochondrial protein import and Metabolism of proteins. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include P-P-bond-hydrolysis-driven protein transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is TIMM17A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TIMM17B Gene
Essential component of the TIM23 complex, a complex that mediates the translocation of transit peptide-containing proteins across the mitochondrial inner membrane.