Aliases for TGIF2LY Gene
- TGFB Induced Factor Homeobox 2 Like Y-Linked 2 3 5
- TGF-Beta-Induced Transcription Factor 2-Like Protein 3 4
- TGFB-Induced Factor 2-Like Protein, Y-Linked 3 4
- TGFB-Induced Factor 2-Like, Y-Linked 2 3
- Homeobox Protein TGIF2LY 3 4
- TGIF-Like On The Y 3 4
- TGIFLY 3 4
- TGFB-Induced Factor Homeobox 2-Like, Y-Linked 2
External Ids for TGIF2LY Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TGIF2LY Gene
This gene encodes a member of the TALE/TGIF homeobox family of transcription factors. This gene lies within the male specific region of chromosome Y, in a block of sequence that is thought to be the result of a large X-to-Y transposition. The C-terminus of this protein is divergent from that of its chromosome X homolog (TGIF2LX), suggesting that this protein may act as a regulator of TGIF2LX. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for TGIF2LY Gene
TGIF2LY (TGFB Induced Factor Homeobox 2 Like Y-Linked) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is TGIF2LX.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TGIF2LY Gene
May have a transcription role in testis. May act as a competitor/regulator of TGIF2LX.