Aliases for TFB2M Gene
- Transcription Factor B2, Mitochondrial 2 3 5
- S-Adenosylmethionine-6-N', N'-Adenosyl(RRNA) Dimethyltransferase 2 3 4
- Hepatitis C Virus NS5A-Transactivated Protein 5 3 4
- Dimethyladenosine Transferase 2, Mitochondrial 3 4
- Mitochondrial Transcription Factor B2 3 4
- Mitochondrial 12S RRNA Dimethylase 2 3 4
- HCV NS5A-Transactivated Protein 5 3 4
- H-MtTFB2 3 4
External Ids for TFB2M Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TFB2M Gene
GeneCards Summary for TFB2M Gene
TFB2M (Transcription Factor B2, Mitochondrial) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TFB2M include Mitochondrial Dna Depletion Syndrome 11 and Mitochondrial Dna Depletion Syndrome 1. Among its related pathways are Organelle biogenesis and maintenance and Mitochondrial Gene Expression. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include rRNA methyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is TFB1M.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TFB2M Gene
S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent rRNA methyltransferase which may methylate two specific adjacent adenosines in the loop of a conserved hairpin near the 3'-end of 12S mitochondrial rRNA (Probable). Component of the mitochondrial transcription initiation complex, composed at least of TFB2M, TFAM and POLRMT that is required for basal transcription of mitochondrial DNA (PubMed:29149603, PubMed:12068295, PubMed:20410300, PubMed:15526033). In this complex, TFAM recruits POLRMT to a specific promoter whereas TFB2M induces structural changes in POLRMT to enable promoter opening and trapping of the DNA non-template strand (PubMed:29149603, PubMed:15526033). Stimulates transcription independently of the methyltransferase activity (PubMed:12897151).