Aliases for TAMALIN Gene
- Trafficking Regulator And Scaffold Protein Tamalin 2 3
- General Receptor For Phosphoinositides 1 Associated Scaffold Protein 2 3 5
- GRASP 3 4 5
- GRP1 (General Receptor For Phosphoinositides 1)-Associated Scaffold Protein 2 3
- General Receptor For Phosphoinositides 1-Associated Scaffold Protein 3 4
- GRP1-Associated Scaffold Protein 4
- Protein TAMALIN 4
External Ids for TAMALIN Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TAMALIN Gene
This gene encodes a protein that functions as a molecular scaffold, linking receptors, including group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors, to neuronal proteins. The encoded protein contains conserved domains, including a leucine zipper sequence, PDZ domain and a C-terminal PDZ-binding motif. Alternately spliced transcript variants have been observed for this gene.[provided by RefSeq, Dec 2012]
GeneCards Summary for TAMALIN Gene
TAMALIN (Trafficking Regulator And Scaffold Protein Tamalin) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is CYTIP.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAMALIN Gene
Plays a role in intracellular trafficking and contributes to the macromolecular organization of group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) at synapses.