Aliases for TAF3 Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 3 2 3 5
- TAF3 RNA Polymerase II, TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, 140kDa 2 3
- Transcription Initiation Factor TFIID 140 KDa Subunit 3 4
- 140 KDa TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor TFIID Subunit 3 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 3 3 4
External Ids for TAF3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF3 Gene
The highly conserved RNA polymerase II transcription factor TFIID (see TAF1; MIM 313650) comprises the TATA box-binding protein (TBP; MIM 600075) and a set of TBP-associated factors (TAFs), including TAF3. TAFs contribute to promoter recognition and selectivity and act as antiapoptotic factors (Gangloff et al., 2001 [PubMed 11438666]).[supplied by OMIM, May 2009]
GeneCards Summary for TAF3 Gene
TAF3 (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are HIV Life Cycle and Gene Expression. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein heterodimerization activity and p53 binding. An important paralog of this gene is CXXC1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAF3 Gene
Transcription factor TFIID is one of the general factors required for accurate and regulated initiation by RNA polymerase II. TFIID is a multimeric protein complex that plays a central role in mediating promoter responses to various activators and repressors. Required in complex with TBPL2 for the differentiation of myoblasts into myocytes. The complex replaces TFIID at specific promoters at an early stage in the differentiation process.