Aliases for TAF1C Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit C 2 3 5
- TAFI110 2 3 4
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, C, 110kDa 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, C, 110kD 2 3
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor RNA Polymerase I Subunit C 3 4
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 110 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit C 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1C 3 4
External Ids for TAF1C Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1C Gene
Initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase I requires the formation of a complex composed of the TATA-binding protein (TBP) and three TBP-associated factors (TAFs) specific for RNA polymerase I. This complex, known as SL1, binds to the core promoter of ribosomal RNA genes to position the polymerase properly and acts as a channel for regulatory signals. This gene encodes the largest SL1-specific TAF. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2011]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1C Gene
TAF1C (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit C) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TAF1C include Ciliary Dyskinesia, Primary, 13 and Hyperpigmentation With Or Without Hypopigmentation, Familial Progressive. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase I Promoter Escape and Apoptotic Pathways in Synovial Fibroblasts.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAF1C Gene
Component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC (preinitiation complex) during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation probably is primarily dependent on the rate of association of SL1/TIF-IB with the rDNA promoter. SL1/TIF-IB is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA. Formation of SL1/TIF-IB excludes the association of TBP with TFIID subunits. Recruits RNA polymerase I to the rRNA gene promoter via interaction with RRN3.