Aliases for TAF1C Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit C 2 3 5
- TAFI110 2 3 4
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, C, 110kDa 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, C, 110kD 2 3
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor RNA Polymerase I Subunit C 3 4
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 110 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit C 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1C 3 4
External Ids for TAF1C Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1C Gene
Initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase I requires the formation of a complex composed of the TATA-binding protein (TBP) and three TBP-associated factors (TAFs) specific for RNA polymerase I. This complex, known as SL1, binds to the core promoter of ribosomal RNA genes to position the polymerase properly and acts as a channel for regulatory signals. This gene encodes the largest SL1-specific TAF. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2011]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1C Gene
TAF1C (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit C) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TAF1C include Ciliary Dyskinesia, Primary, 13 and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. Among its related pathways are Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3 and PEDF Induced Signaling.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAF1C Gene
Component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC (preinitiation complex) during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation probably is primarily dependent on the rate of association of SL1/TIF-IB with the rDNA promoter. SL1/TIF-IB is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA. Formation of SL1/TIF-IB excludes the association of TBP with TFIID subunits. Recruits RNA polymerase I to the rRNA gene promoter via interaction with RRN3.