Aliases for TAF1B Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit B 2 3 5
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, B, 63kDa 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, B, 63kD 2 3
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 63 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit B 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1B 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 1B 3 4
- TAFI63 3 4
External Ids for TAF1B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1B Gene
Initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase I requires the formation of a complex composed of the TATA-binding protein (TBP) and three TBP-associated factors (TAFs) specific for RNA polymerase I. This complex, known as SL1, binds to the core promoter of ribosomal RNA genes to position the polymerase properly and acts as a channel for regulatory signals. This gene encodes one of the SL1-specific TAFs. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2016]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1B Gene
TAF1B (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Apoptotic Pathways in Synovial Fibroblasts and PEDF Induced Signaling. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include DNA binding transcription factor activity and RNA polymerase I CORE element sequence-specific DNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for TAF1B Gene
Component of RNA polymerase I core factor complex that acts as a GTF2B/TFIIB-like factor and plays a key role in multiple steps during transcription initiation such as pre-initiation complex (PIC) assembly and postpolymerase recruitment events in polymerase I (Pol I) transcription. Binds rDNA promoters and plays a role in Pol I recruitment as a component of the SL1/TIF-IB complex and, possibly, directly through its interaction with RRN3.