Aliases for TAF1A Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit A 2 3 5
- TAFI48 2 3 4
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, A, 48kDa 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, A, 48kD 2 3
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor RNA Polymerase I Subunit A 3 4
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 48 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit A 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1A 3 4
External Ids for TAF1A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1A Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of the RNA polymerase I complex, Selectivity Factor I (SLI). The encoded protein is a TATA box-binding protein-associated factor that plays a role in the assembly of the RNA polymerase I preinitiation complex. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms.[provided by RefSeq, Jan 2011]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1A Gene
TAF1A (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit A) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TAF1A include Familial Isolated Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase I Promoter Escape and Apoptotic Pathways in Synovial Fibroblasts.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAF1A Gene
Component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC (pre-initiation complex) during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation probably is primarily dependent on the rate of association of SL1/TIF-IB with the rDNA promoter. SL1/TIF-IB is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA. Formation of SL1/TIF-IB excludes the association of TBP with TFIID subunits.