Aliases for TAF1A Gene
- TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit A 2 3 5
- TAFI48 2 3 4
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, A, 48kDa 2 3
- TATA Box Binding Protein (TBP)-Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I, A, 48kD 2 3
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor RNA Polymerase I Subunit A 3 4
- RNA Polymerase I-Specific TBP-Associated Factor 48 KDa 3 4
- Transcription Initiation Factor SL1/TIF-IB Subunit A 3 4
- TATA Box-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 1A 3 4
External Ids for TAF1A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAF1A Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of the RNA polymerase I complex, Selectivity Factor I (SLI). The encoded protein is a TATA box-binding protein-associated factor that plays a role in the assembly of the RNA polymerase I preinitiation complex. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms.[provided by RefSeq, Jan 2011]
GeneCards Summary for TAF1A Gene
TAF1A (TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor, RNA Polymerase I Subunit A) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with TAF1A include Familial Isolated Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Among its related pathways are Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3 and PEDF Induced Signaling.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAF1A Gene
Component of the transcription factor SL1/TIF-IB complex, which is involved in the assembly of the PIC (pre-initiation complex) during RNA polymerase I-dependent transcription. The rate of PIC formation probably is primarily dependent on the rate of association of SL1/TIF-IB with the rDNA promoter. SL1/TIF-IB is involved in stabilization of nucleolar transcription factor 1/UBTF on rDNA. Formation of SL1/TIF-IB excludes the association of TBP with TFIID subunits.