Aliases for TAB3 Gene
- TGF-Beta Activated Kinase 1 (MAP3K7) Binding Protein 3 2 3 5
- Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Kinase Kinase 7 Interacting Protein 3 2 3
- TGF-Beta Activated Kinase 1 And MAP3K7 Binding Protein 3 2 3
- TGF-Beta-Activated Kinase 1 And MAP3K7-Binding Protein 3 3 4
- TGF-Beta-Activated Kinase 1-Binding Protein 3 3 4
- NF-Kappa-B-Activating Protein 1 3 4
- TAK1-Binding Protein 3 3 4
External Ids for TAB3 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for TAB3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for TAB3 Gene
The product of this gene functions in the NF-kappaB signal transduction pathway. The encoded protein, and the similar and functionally redundant protein MAP3K7IP2/TAB2, forms a ternary complex with the protein kinase MAP3K7/TAK1 and either TRAF2 or TRAF6 in response to stimulation with the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF or IL-1. Subsequent MAP3K7/TAK1 kinase activity triggers a signaling cascade leading to activation of the NF-kappaB transcription factor. The human genome contains a related pseudogene. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described, but their biological validity has not been determined. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for TAB3 Gene
TAB3 (TGF-Beta Activated Kinase 1 (MAP3K7) Binding Protein 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Activated TLR4 signalling and Signaling by GPCR. An important paralog of this gene is TAB2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for TAB3 Gene
Adapter linking MAP3K7/TAK1 and TRAF6 or TRAF2. Mediator of MAP3K7 activation, respectively in the IL1 and TNF signaling pathways. Plays a role in activation of NF-kappa-B and AP1 transcription factor. Isoform 2 may be an oncogenic factor.