Aliases for ST18 Gene
- ST18 C2H2C-Type Zinc Finger Transcription Factor 2 3 5
- Zinc Finger Protein 387 2 3 4
- Suppression Of Tumorigenicity 18 (Breast Carcinoma) (Zinc Finger Protein) 2 3
- Suppression Of Tumorigenicity 18, Zinc Finger 2 3
- Neural Zinc Finger Transcription Factor 3 2 3
- Suppression Of Tumorigenicity 18 Protein 3 4
External Ids for ST18 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ST18 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ST18 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ST18 Gene
ST18 (ST18 C2H2C-Type Zinc Finger Transcription Factor) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ST18 include Subcorneal Pustular Dermatosis and Breast Cancer. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include DNA-binding transcription factor activity. An important paralog of this gene is MYT1L.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for ST18 Gene
Repressor that binds to DNA sequences containing a bipartite element consisting of a direct repeat of the sequence 5'-AAAGTTT-3' separated by 2-9 nucleotides. Represses basal transcription activity from target promoters (By similarity). Inhibits colony formation in cultured breast cancer cells.