Aliases for SSU72 Gene
- SSU72 Homolog, RNA Polymerase II CTD Phosphatase 2 3 5
- RNA Polymerase II Subunit A C-Terminal Domain Phosphatase SSU72 3 4
- CTD Phosphatase SSU72 3 4
- EC 220.127.116.11 4 54
- SSU72 RNA Polymerase II CTD Phosphatase Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Ssu72 RNA Polymerase II CTD Phosphatase Homolog (Yeast) 2
- PNAS-120 3
- HSPC182 3
External Ids for SSU72 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SSU72 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SSU72 Gene
SSU72 (SSU72 Homolog, RNA Polymerase II CTD Phosphatase) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are mRNA surveillance pathway and Chromatin Regulation / Acetylation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphoprotein phosphatase activity and RNA polymerase II CTD heptapeptide repeat phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is SSU72P3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SSU72 Gene
Protein phosphatase that catalyzes the dephosphorylation of the C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II. Plays a role in RNA processing and termination. Plays a role in pre-mRNA polyadenylation via its interaction with SYMPK.