Aliases for SSC5D Gene
- Scavenger Receptor Cysteine Rich Family Member With 5 Domains 2 3 5
- Scavenger Receptor Cysteine Rich Domain Containing (5 Domains) 2 3
- Soluble Scavenger Protein With 5 SRCR Domains 3 4
- Soluble Scavenger With 5 Domains 2 3
- Soluble Scavenger Receptor Cysteine-Rich Domain-Containing Protein SSC5D 3
- Scavenger Receptor Cysteine Rich Family, 5 Domains 3
- Scavenger Receptor Cysteine-Rich Glycoprotein 3
- S5D-SRCRB 3
- SSc5D 4
External Ids for SSC5D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SSC5D Gene
GeneCards Summary for SSC5D Gene
SSC5D (Scavenger Receptor Cysteine Rich Family Member With 5 Domains) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SSC5D include Syndromic X-Linked Intellectual Disability Snyder Type. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include scavenger receptor activity and laminin binding. An important paralog of this gene is DMBT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SSC5D Gene
Binds to extracellular matrix proteins. Binds to pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) present on the cell walls of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and fungi, behaving as a pattern recognition receptor (PRR). Induces bacterial and fungal aggregation and subsequent inhibition of PAMP-induced cytokine release. Does not possess intrinsic bactericidal activity. May play a role in the innate defense and homeostasis of certain epithelial surfaces (By similarity).