Aliases for SMU1 Gene
- SMU1, DNA Replication Regulator And Spliceosomal Factor 2 3 5
- Smu-1 Suppressor Of Mec-8 And Unc-52 Protein Homolog 3 4
- DNA Replication Regulator And Spliceosomal Factor 2 3
- Functional Spliceosome-Associated Protein 57 2 3
- Smu-1 Suppressor Of Mec-8 And Unc-52 Homolog (C. Elegans) 2
- Smu-1 Suppressor Of Mec-8 And Unc-52 Homolog 3
External Ids for SMU1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SMU1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SMU1 Gene
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SMU1 Gene
Auxiliary spliceosomal protein that regulates selection of alternative splice sites in a small set of target pre-mRNA species (Probable). Regulates alternative splicing of the HSPG2 pre-mRNA (By similarity). Required for normal mitotic spindle assembly and normal progress through mitosis (PubMed:15878348). Required for normal accumulation of IK (PubMed:24945353).
(Microbial infection) Required, together with IK, for normal splicing of influenza A virus NS1 pre-mRNA, which is required for the production of the exportin NS2 and for the production of influenza A virus particles. Not required for the production of VSV virus particles.