Aliases for SLC9B1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 9 Member B1 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 9, Subfamily B (NHA1, Cation Proton Antiporter 1), Member 1 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 9, Subfamily B (Cation Proton Antiporter 2), Member 1 2 3
- Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger-Like Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger-Like Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- NHE Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
External Ids for SLC9B1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLC9B1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC9B1 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a sodium/hydrogen exchanger and transmembrane protein. Highly conserved orthologs of this gene have been found in other mammalian species. The expression of this gene may be limited to testis. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC9B1 Gene
SLC9B1 (Solute Carrier Family 9 Member B1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC9B1 include Wolfram Syndrome 2 and Tinea Nigra. Among its related pathways are Ion channel transport and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include solute:proton antiporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC9B2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SLC9B1 Gene
Sperm-specific Na(+)/H(+) exchanger involved in intracellular pH regulation of spermatozoa. Involved in sperm motility and fertility.