Aliases for SLC9A9 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 9 Member A9 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 9, Subfamily A (NHE9, Cation Proton Antiporter 9), Member 9 2 3
- Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger 9 3 4
- NHE9 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 9 (Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger), Isoform 9 2
- Solute Carrier Family 9 (Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger), Member 9 2
- Solute Carrier Family 9 (Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger) 3
External Ids for SLC9A9 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC9A9 Gene
This gene encodes a sodium/proton exchanger that is a member of the solute carrier 9 protein family. The encoded protein localizes the to the late recycling endosomes and may play an important role in maintaining cation homeostasis. Mutations in this gene are associated with autism susceptibility 16 and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2012]
GeneCards Summary for SLC9A9 Gene
SLC9A9 (Solute Carrier Family 9 Member A9) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC9A9 include Autism 16 and Christianson Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Sweet Taste Signaling. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include solute:proton antiporter activity and sodium:proton antiporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC9A7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC9A9 Gene
May act in electroneutral exchange of protons for Na(+) across membranes. Involved in the effusion of Golgi luminal H(+) in exchange for cytosolic cations. Involved in organelle ion homeostasis by contributing to the maintenance of the unique acidic pH values of the Golgi and post-Golgi compartments in the cell.