Aliases for SLC6A14 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 6 Member 14 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neurotransmitter Transporter), Member 14 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 6 (Amino Acid Transporter), Member 14 2 3
- Amino Acid Transporter ATB0+ 3 4
- Sodium- And Chloride-Dependent Neutral And Basic Amino Acid Transporter B(0+) 3
- Amino Acid Transporter B0+ 3
- BMIQ11 3
External Ids for SLC6A14 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC6A14 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the solute carrier family 6. Members of this family are sodium and chloride dependent neurotransmitter transporters. The encoded protein transports both neutral and cationic amino acids. This protein may also function as a beta-alanine carrier. Mutations in this gene may be associated with X-linked obesity. A pseudogene of this gene is found on chromosome X.[provided by RefSeq, May 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC6A14 Gene
SLC6A14 (Solute Carrier Family 6 Member 14) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC6A14 include Body Mass Index Quantitative Trait Locus 11 and Meconium Ileus. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and NRF2 pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include amino acid transmembrane transporter activity and neurotransmitter:sodium symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC6A5.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC6A14 Gene
Mediates the uptake of a broad range of neutral and cationic amino acids (with the exception of proline) in a Na(+)/Cl(-)-dependent manner.