Aliases for SLC5A6 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 6 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Sodium/Multivitamin And Iodide Cotransporter), Member 6 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 5 (Sodium-Dependent Vitamin Transporter), Member 6 2 3
- Na(+)-Dependent Multivitamin Transporter 3 4
- SMVT 3 4
- Sodium-Dependent Multivitamin Transporter 3
- Na+-Dependent Multivitamin Transporter 3
External Ids for SLC5A6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC5A6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC5A6 Gene
SLC5A6 (Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC5A6 include Biotin Deficiency and Thiamine Metabolism Dysfunction Syndrome 2. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of water-soluble vitamins and cofactors and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transporter activity and sodium-dependent multivitamin transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC5A8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC5A6 Gene
Transports pantothenate, biotin and lipoate in the presence of sodium.