Aliases for SLC28A1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 1 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter), Member 1 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter), Member 1 2 3
- Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter 1 3 4
- Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter 1 3 4
- Na(+)/Nucleoside Cotransporter 1 3 4
External Ids for SLC28A1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC28A1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC28A1 Gene
SLC28A1 (Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC28A1 include Macroglobulinemia. Among its related pathways are Transport of vitamins, nucleosides, and related molecules and Zidovudine Pathway, Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include nucleoside binding and nucleoside:sodium symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC28A2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC28A1 Gene
Sodium-dependent and pyrimidine-selective. Exhibits the transport characteristics of the nucleoside transport system cit or N2 subtype (N2/cit) (selective for pyrimidine nucleosides and adenosine). It also transports the antiviral pyrimidine nucleoside analogs 3-azido-3-deoxythymidine (AZT) and 2,3-dideoxycytidine (ddC). It may be involved in the intestinal absorption and renal handling of pyrimidine nucleoside analogs used to treat acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It has the following selective inhibition: adenosine, thymidine, cytidine, uridine >> guanosine, inosine.