Aliases for SLC25A17 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 17 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Peroxisomal Membrane Protein, 34kDa), Member 17 2 3
- Peroxisomal Membrane Protein PMP34 3 4
- PMP34 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Peroxisomal Membrane Protein, 34kD), Member 17 2
- 34 KDa Peroxisomal Membrane Protein 4
- Peroxisomal Membrane Protein (34kD) 2
External Ids for SLC25A17 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A17 Gene
This gene encodes a peroxisomal membrane protein that belongs to the family of mitochondrial solute carriers. It is expressed in the liver, and is likely involved in transport. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2013]
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A17 Gene
SLC25A17 (Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 17) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC25A17 include Adrenoleukodystrophy and Peroxisomal Disease. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Peroxisomal lipid metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transporter activity and ATP transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A29.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SLC25A17 Gene
Peroxisomal transporter for multiple cofactors like coenzyme A (CoA), flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD), flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and nucleotide adenosine monophosphate (AMP), and to a lesser extent for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+)), adenosine diphosphate (ADP) and adenosine 3',5'-diphosphate (PAP). May catalyze the transport of free CoA, FAD and NAD(+) from the cytosol into the peroxisomal matrix by a counter-exchange mechanism. Inhibited by pyridoxal 5'-phosphate and bathophenanthroline in vitro.