Aliases for SLC17A6 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 17 Member 6 2 3 4 5
- Vesicular Glutamate Transporter 2 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 17 (Sodium-Dependent Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter), Member 6 2 3
- Differentiation-Associated Na(+)-Dependent Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter 3 4
- Differentiation-Associated Na-Dependent Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter 2 3
External Ids for SLC17A6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC17A6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC17A6 Gene
SLC17A6 (Solute Carrier Family 17 Member 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC17A6 include Deafness, Autosomal Dominant 25 and Gnathodiaphyseal Dysplasia. Among its related pathways are Circadian entrainment and Synaptic vesicle cycle. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include symporter activity and L-glutamate transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC17A7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SLC17A6 Gene
Mediates the uptake of glutamate into synaptic vesicles at presynaptic nerve terminals of excitatory neural cells. May also mediate the transport of inorganic phosphate.