Aliases for SLC17A1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 17 Member 1 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 17 (Organic Anion Transporter), Member 1 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 17 (Sodium Phosphate), Member 1 2 3
- Renal Sodium-Dependent Phosphate Transport Protein 1 3 4
- Renal Na(+)-Dependent Phosphate Cotransporter 1 3 4
- Sodium-Dependent Phosphate Transport Protein 1 3 4
- Renal Sodium-Phosphate Transport Protein 1 3 4
- Sodium/Phosphate Cotransporter 1 3 4
External Ids for SLC17A1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLC17A1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC17A1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC17A1 Gene
SLC17A1 (Solute Carrier Family 17 Member 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC17A1 include Gout and Hyperuricemia. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Uricosurics Pathway, Pharmacodynamics. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include symporter activity and phosphate ion transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC17A2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SLC17A1 Gene
Important for the resorption of phosphate by the kidney. May be involved in actively transporting phosphate into cells via Na(+) cotransport in the renal brush border membrane. Plays a role in urate transport in the kidney (PubMed:27906618).