Aliases for SFSWAP Gene
- Splicing Factor SWAP 2 3 5
- SWAP 2 3 4
- Splicing Factor, Arginine/Serine-Rich 8 (Suppressor-Of-White-Apricot, Drosophila Homolog) 2 3
- Splicing Factor, Arginine/Serine-Rich 8 (Suppressor-Of-White-Apricot Homolog, Drosophila) 2 3
- Splicing Factor, Suppressor Of White-Apricot Homolog 3 4
- Suppressor Of White Apricot Protein Homolog 3 4
External Ids for SFSWAP Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SFSWAP Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SFSWAP Gene
This gene encodes a human homolog of Drosophila splicing regulatory protein. This gene autoregulates its expression by control of splicing of its first two introns. In addition, it also regulates the splicing of fibronectin and CD45 genes. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, May 2012]
GeneCards Summary for SFSWAP Gene
SFSWAP (Splicing Factor SWAP) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SFSWAP include Deafness, Autosomal Dominant 41 and Supraglottis Neoplasm. Among its related pathways are mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is CLASRP.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SFSWAP Gene
Plays a role as an alternative splicing regulator. Regulate its own expression at the level of RNA processing. Also regulates the splicing of fibronectin and CD45 genes. May act, at least in part, by interaction with other R/S-containing splicing factors. Represses the splicing of MAPT/Tau exon 10.