Aliases for SERPINB2 Gene
- Serpin Family B Member 2 2 3 5
- Serine (Or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor, Clade B (Ovalbumin), Member 2 2 3
- Serpin Peptidase Inhibitor, Clade B (Ovalbumin), Member 2 2 3
- Placental Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 3 4
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 2 3 4
- Monocyte Arg-Serpin 3 4
- Urokinase Inhibitor 3 4
External Ids for SERPINB2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SERPINB2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SERPINB2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SERPINB2 Gene
SERPINB2 (Serpin Family B Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SERPINB2 include Gingivitis and Pre-Eclampsia. Among its related pathways are Regulation of lipid metabolism Insulin signaling-generic cascades and Response to elevated platelet cytosolic Ca2+. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is SERPINB1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SERPINB2 Gene
Inhibits urokinase-type plasminogen activator. The monocyte derived PAI-2 is distinct from the endothelial cell-derived PAI-1.