Aliases for SERPINA4 Gene
- Serpin Family A Member 4 2 3 5
- Kallistatin 2 3 4
- KST 2 3 4
- Serine (Or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor, Clade A (Alpha-1 Antiproteinase, Antitrypsin), Member 4 2 3
- Serpin Peptidase Inhibitor, Clade A (Alpha-1 Antiproteinase, Antitrypsin), Member 4 2 3
- Sserpin Family A Member 4 2 3
- Peptidase Inhibitor 4 3 4
- Kallikrein Inhibitor 3 4
External Ids for SERPINA4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SERPINA4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SERPINA4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SERPINA4 Gene
SERPINA4 (Serpin Family A Member 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SERPINA4 include Cerebral Hemisphere Lipoma and Corpus Callosum Lipoma. Among its related pathways are Response to elevated platelet cytosolic Ca2+. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is SERPINA9.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SERPINA4 Gene
Inhibits human amidolytic and kininogenase activities of tissue kallikrein. Inhibition is achieved by formation of an equimolar, heat- and SDS-stable complex between the inhibitor and the enzyme, and generation of a small C-terminal fragment of the inhibitor due to cleavage at the reactive site by tissue kallikrein.